EarthShare NC was founded in 1991 by a group of nonprofits with the goal of connecting more people and resources to the conservation movement. They do this by partnering with employers to do workplace giving and employee engagement programs.
Every day, ESNC organizations are working to:
- Protect and clean North Carolina’s air and drinking water
- Preserve parks, rivers, forests, and heritage lands
- Prevent urban sprawl and create smart growth
- Adopt and implement pollution prevention strategies
- Restore wetlands and preserve wildlife habitat
- Promote energy conservation
- Educate children and all residents to be stewards of our natural heritage
- Improve the health and quality of life of North Carolina’s residents
We had the opportunity to work with EarthShare NC on their 2018 Corporate Earth Day events in both Raleigh/Durham, NC and Charlotte, NC. Not only did the volunteers in each community make such an incredible impact on the environment in just one day, but we were able to learn more about dozens of for-profit and non-profit businesses who are working hard to make a positive impact on the environment everyday!
Check out the difference they are making in North Carolina at earthsharenc.org.